Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Important Milestones for Adam

(Obviously I wrote this awhile ago and never published it. I kept it in my draft folder because I keep meaning to add pictures.)

Adam turned 6 years old a few weeks ago and he is having some exciting moments!

1. He finished his first year of kindergarten and did really well.

2. He learned to tie his shoes.

3. He lost his first tooth!

4. He started piano lessons, and even though he didn't want to do it, he's actually really enjoying it. I think he was getting intimidated by seeing what Frannie can do, but now that he knows a few notes I think he finds it quite exciting that he can read the music a little bit.

5. He started tennis lessons and he's enjoying that too.

Above all else, Adam is a really GOOD boy. The other day we were at Wal-Mart (I know, I know) and Natalie spotted a random little ball on the ground. She asked if she could pick it up and I said ok, but then Adam said "Mom what if the kid who lost that ball comes back to look for it? Then he'll be sad that he can't find it." I said, "You're right Adam. Natalie, Adam is right, go put the ball back." The ball didn't look like much to me, but I wanted to honor his thoughtfulness and I was impressed by that.


No comments: