Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Proud Moment

This happened a few days ago and I considered blogging it then, but then thought "Nah. It's not THAT important." So anyways, I deemed this event to be un-blog-worthy. But darnit I'm still thinking about it and it still makes me happy to think about it, so I'm writing it down.

On Thursday I took the kiddos to the grocery store. As we're walking in Adam doesn't want to sit in the cart (he's been resisting it more and more), so I told him "Fine. You can walk but you have to hold Sissy's hand. No running. No touching." I wasn't expecting this scenario to last very long, but Frannie and Adam grabbed hands and they walked sweetly behind the cart. They did this through the whole store!!! It was the cutest thing ever and it just made me so proud of my sweet kids. A little four year old and almost 2 year old walking hand in hand and giggling and just being little dears. They sure made me look good that day!!

7 comments:

Iris said...

This is so blog worthy. Blogspot is a good place to record your memories. This is a very endearing one. And Adam sure is growing up. What a big boy :)

Yara said...

awesome! I have an 90/10% chance of that happening (and most of that 10 is if dh is with us. go figure)
next time, bring your camera, please. It just sounds precious.

Lauren S. said...

adorable. gotta savor those sweet brother and sister moments.

Shannon said...

Definitely blog worthy. (Though this coming from someone who blogged about my new ice cube tray, so perhaps I'm not the most trustworthy source. Haha.)

I love it when B & C hold hands. It's SO CUTE! Now getting them to do that through an entire grocery shopping trip ... hmmm. I think you had a "moment" there that might be hard to reproduce! :)

Therese said...

Awww... its moments like that that keep us mamas going lol

Jamie said...

Seriously! It's true! It was like a little beacon of light saying "All the work you do will pay off in the end."

Anonymous said...

That would have been so sweet to see your children walking in the store! :-)

lol...I plan breakfasts, but I don't usually/always make things in the morning. It depends on how I'm feeling. Actually with this heat...combined with being 37 weeks pregnant I've really scaled down the cooking. We've been eating leftovers and kinda making things up. lol But my menu gives me a plan/idea in case there are no leftovers or quick meals in the cupboards. :-)