Monday, August 5, 2013

Chow Mein

I thought it would be fun to have the kids try new foods so I brought home a can of sardines from TJs.

When I popped and peeled back the lid the kids said EEEWWW when they saw the fish in olive oil with the head and tail cut off.

But I forged ahead and speared one with my fork, flaked it up, and got a nice little heap to go on a cracker.

"There! Try it."

And so they did. And they liked it! They kept asking for more until all three fish in the can were gone.

Later in the day we were in the car and Adam says, "Mom, I'm hungry. Can I have some of that chow mein?"

"Chow mein? We don't have chow mein. What are you talking about?"

"You know, that chow mein. With the crackers."

"Do you mean SAR-DINES!?"

"Oh, yeah, that."

And he still couldn't remember the name and all day long he's been asking me to go to the store to get chow mein.

No comments: