Monday, April 21, 2008

The other folks I know...

Dad- Well, he just bought a new car! Woo Hoo! A 2005 Toyota Highlander (I think). He bought it at a car auction for only $14,900 and I think the blue book price is somewhere in the low 20's. The car is in excellent condition w/ 28,000 miles on it. Black w/ grey interior.

So now the wheels in my head are turning turning turning because I want my mini van! Yes. I know others cringe at those words. Mini Van. Not me, I want one! I don't care if it is a "mom" vehicle, I am a mom darnit and the sliding doors sound so fantastic. Dad says a Toyota Sienna sold at the auction for only $12,500...

Bryan- He's a police officer you know. And a good one! He's funny as ever and still dating his cool girlfriend Stefanie. They just went to Vegas apparently and saw a bunch of shows.

Mom- Enjoys torture. My mom can't stay out of a leadership role for long. Even though she hates it. Even though the stupidity of others makes her squirm, she cannot help herself from getting involved. So recently she's been the head of some posse youth program that gives at-risk youth a day on horseback. Many pictures were taken in order to torture Mom even more. A few newspaper articles were written as well. So she does this on her off time and during her work hours she has signed up to help with some new operating system. No matter who my mom is working for, she can't stay far away from a new operating system. I spent many years of my childhood listening to my mother walk someone through a new system over the phone. I have learned that my mom's true skill is in reading the directions. It seems she does it, and other people don't. While she's talking to someone she has the manual in her hand and she is simply reading to them from the manual. Then she reads it to them more slowly. Then she reads it slowly, with an emphatic irritated voice often begining with the sentence "Nooooo, that's not what I said." Unfortunately for Francesca and Adam I am also very good at that same sentence, with the same tone of voice. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

-----
Tom and Carol- Cute as ever. My MIL is turning 50 soon and I'm very excited for her. I can post about this more on another day...

Doreen- She's getting her photography business going and I'm very happy for her. A lot of women from my moms club are hiring her to take pictures of their families. My little niece and nephew are doing well. Nicco is going to start AYSO soccer soon so I know I'll soon be spending some Saturday mornings at the soccer field watching him play. Francesca loves her cousins so so much. Catie and Nicco are her best friends and I think she has a little 3 year old crush on Nicco. She says he's her prince. She'll understand the whole "cousin" thing soon enough. But for now they are such great friends all of them and very sweet to each other.

Ryan- He's finishing his AA at Mt.Sac and still working out all of the time. I see him pretty regularly these days because he does some work at the house a few days a week. So I get to hear all the gossip of what girls he's seeing. Listening to him talk makes my housework go by faster so I'm very happy to have him here.

Jenny- She's working at Paramount and the Roxy. She's happy and is the official Auntie Who Always Brings Presents. You can imagine she's well loved! She's so sweet to the kids. Just last week Tom took Frannie and Catie to visit Carol at work and then took them to visit Jenny at Paramount Studios. I'm sure it was fun to have the kids surprise her at work. It was a fun day for Frannie and a strangely quiet day for me!

No comments: