Friday, April 18, 2008

Spending Money

Something's going on with me in that I've been spending money right, left, and sideways lately. Those who know me well, know that this is unexpected behavior from me. I'm surprised by it myself! But I feel that several forces have converged at once to contribute to this.

1. We bought a house. Now I have a list of things that I want to buy to cute up this place. Now mind you, it is already plenty cute, but I can't help myself for wanting to get little things to make it special. For instance, two weeks ago I spent a bunch of money on new plants for the front and some planters and wood chips just to cute up the entryway. I guess that isn't a NEED but more of a want, but it is so nice! Now last week I got sucked into buying a comforter set for our bed. We have never had a comforter set, just random blankets on our bed. I figure, it's about time to have a nice-looking bed! Anyways, I've had my eye out for one for sometime and I found a pretty blue and white striped set at Marshall's (a very dangerous store!) for $119. Now that seems like a lot of money, but I couldn't resist because it came with EVERYTHING. It came with the comforter, all sheets, king-sized pillowcases, and three decorative pillows to finish it off. Now I have my eye out for a cute bathroom mat for the front bathroom and some matching towels. I'd also like to get a table and chairs for outside. So I've got dollar signs in my eyes for house stuff.

2. We eat more. Yes our grocery bill has really sky-rocketed. I don't know why. Maybe I'm not as efficient a food shopper as I once was, or maybe we're eating here at home more so it seems I'm spending more on food. Or maybe my Cheerio-eaters are breaking the budget. I'm not really sure, but I'm definitely spending more for groceries.

3. I'm getting sick of never looking nice. Now, some might say "Jamie! You look nice!" and they are being my friends and blah blah blah. But really, I feel like I'm getting to a point where I'm tired of always wearing my "uniform" of worn jeans, a solid colored v-neck shirt, tennis shoes, and hair in a clip. Really. I'm done with it. No more Kristy from the Baby Sitters Club. Well, maybe some days, but just not all the time!

So I've been spending a lot of money lately. On housestuff, and tons on food, and then the haircut and clothes...Just stuff stuff stuff.

1 comment:

jenna said...

This post title caught my attention, because of my spending habits recently. I loved the reference to "Kristy from the Baby Sitters Club." hahaha!

(came here via GCM)