Friday, April 11, 2008

An Update on Us


Jason just celebrated his 32nd birthday! Yay! He was able to get the day off and we went to Disneyland. We were also able to go with my friend Lorelei, her two children Clara and Sethy, and my other friend Jamie and her husband Paul and son Andrew. This is pretty much a major miracle because we never have time off at the same time like this. Lorelei and Jamie are teachers and their Spring vacations happened to be the same week for once. A miracle! Of course we had a great time together, I only wish we could do things like this more often. Thank goodness we schedule coffee dates once a month.


Jason is busier than ever with work. Ever since the dog food recall Canidae has doubled its business and it hasn't stopped since. (Canidae was one of the safe foods not affected by the recall.) It seems they are beginning to build some brand recognition and are involving themselves more and more with NHRA racing. They now sponsor their own car and his boss Scott races about once a month. What all this means for Jason is that he is busy busy busy at work and he leaves early and gets home late. It is job security for the family so that feels good to me. We still eat dinner together every evening so it hasn't affected our nighttime rituals much, except that we sometimes don't eat until 7:30pm.


Jason's stress reliever from his work-week is to go bike riding on Saturday mornings. He goes out from about 8-1pm and has a great time. Sometimes he does mountain, sometimes road, it just depends on the group of guys he's going with and the kind of ride he's after. I'm happy for him that he's found his way back to biking because it sure makes him happy! We now have 5 bikes in our garage. He has officially claimed the garage as "his". I guess I'm allotted a measly corner for doing laundry. When Jason isn't riding his bike, he's cleaning his bikes, or tweaking them, or rearranging them, or looking at bikes online, or visiting bike shops, or thinking about which next one to buy. He's already thinking about what kind of bike he wants to buy for Adam when he's bigger. I suggested that poor Adam will have to ride hand-me-down purple and pink bikes that his sister has outgrown.


As for me, I continue to teach Bradley classes. I hold the class on Sundays at my midwife's birth center. It is very rewarding work and I am getting busier and busier involving myself with the birth community. I have a reunion coming up with the couples from a series I held a little while ago. Once everyone has had their baby and they are out of the newborn stage, then I host a get-together at the house. It is so much fun to see everyone. I love it.


Frannie and Adam keep on growin' and changin'. Adam is my little dinosaur who likes to growl at me "WRAR!" I spend much of my communication with him growling back because he loves it so much. He also enjoys saying "DAT!" in a very loud baby voice. I think he just likes the power of his voice and all the fun things he can now say. His true language vocabulary is Da da, Ma ma, and Boo!


Adam loves: oatmeal cereal

growling

Grandmas (he's such a Grammas' boy: both sides)

stroller rides

being carried

when Daddy comes home from work

putting any and all objects in mouth

Adam hates: getting clothes put on

having his diaper changed

getting his nose wiped

getting crusty boogies picked

sitting in his highchair

when I don't pick him up


Frannie is her same little self. She's going through a whiney stage at the moment. Eh (shrug).


Now my real job is taking care of this household. I'm trying to get myself back on a schedule because when I do it, I get so much more done. I've never been a fan of housework, but it is the daily beast that must be conquered, and a schedule is my sword. When I'm weilding my sword I can keep the beast at bay. Once I put it down, the monster creeps back inside. The trick is, I have to have my goals planned the night before. If I forget and just wait until morning then it is like I walk aimlessly around like I don't quite know how I should best be using my time. This is when I can easily get sucked into too much phone chatter or computer time and then I've frittered away my chance to get good things done. I end up stressed out at the end of the day trying to do it all. Anyways, I've been slowly getting better over the years. Moving here has helped a lot. It's a lot easier to keep a bigger place clean than a tiny apartment with no storage. Even if it isn't really cleaner, it looks cleaner because it isn't so cluttered.


Anyways, that's my update. I don't know who all reads this blog (except for my Dad and friend Lauren) but I'll include an update on the rest of the family in another post.


Have a great day!

No comments: