I copied this from my friend Lauren's blog: http://www.whycantwejustbenormal.blogspot.com/. It looked like fun, so here it is!! I encourage you to send me your answers too!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A little bit of both. Gift bags are certainly easier! But I like wrapping gifts too.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, of course.
3. When do you put up the tree? I like putting it up about 3 weeks before Christmas. My favorite place to go for the tree is Starberry Farms because it is a quaint vegetable stand-type place and they sell large Douglas Firs for $24.99
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas I undecorate the whole house.
5. Do you like egg nog? No, not really.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A cabbage patch kid that was placed in the "basket" of a basketball hoop. It was my favorite gift because I honestly thought Santa brought it. My dad had taken Bryan and I to Disneyland on Christmas Eve and when we came home, there the gift was all put together in our living room. My father was with us the whole time at Disneyland so only Santa could have come to our house early to bring our present! Wow!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I want one.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She doesn't want anything, and the things she wants are always really weird (hoe, front wheelbarrel wheel). Thankfully she requested some long sleeve shirts this year. That, I can do. [Hi Mom! I know you read this blog and I'm probably going to get heck for writing this one! I know you just want what you want and you don't want a bunch of stuff that you don't need.]
9. Easiest person to buy for? My grandma Lois, actually. She is easy because she and I like similar things, so if I see something that I like, then she'll probably like it too. And I don't feel pressure buying for her. Even if she doesn't like what I buy, she hids it so well that I don't know. She is just fun to buy for.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Must be mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? T-shirt with the Coca Cola label on the front. Except it didn't say Coca Cola, it said Come Caca. Which is particularly funny since I got it from my wonderful BIL who ALWAYS picks out the best gifts for me! Hey, you can't win 'em all!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Bishop's Wife
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I do a little shopping all year long. But I buy the bulk of my stuff during the Christmas season.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. Particularly if there is going to be an annonymous gift exchange party.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweets in general.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like both, but lately I like clear twinkly ones better.
17. Favorite Christmas song? There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays sung by Karen Carpenter
Another one I like is "Oh Lonely Night When Christ Was Born" or maybe it's something else.
My favorite Christmas song to belt out in the house is We Three Kings.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. All the family is local!
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Red bow
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve for my mom's side of the family. Christmas morning for immediate family and then over to Dad's side for Christmas breakfast and more presents. Then over to Jason's side for Christmas dinner and more presents.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? That they start marketing stuff too soon. It seems like Costco is pulling out the Christmas stuff earlier and earlier every year.
23. Favorite ornament? A little pink beaded ballerina one that my mom has in a box somewhere in her garage.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's dinner of course!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well, I already got my house.