Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Survey

I copied this from my friend Lauren's blog: http://www.whycantwejustbenormal.blogspot.com/. It looked like fun, so here it is!! I encourage you to send me your answers too!



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A little bit of both. Gift bags are certainly easier! But I like wrapping gifts too.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, of course.

3. When do you put up the tree? I like putting it up about 3 weeks before Christmas. My favorite place to go for the tree is Starberry Farms because it is a quaint vegetable stand-type place and they sell large Douglas Firs for $24.99

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas I undecorate the whole house.

5. Do you like egg nog? No, not really.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A cabbage patch kid that was placed in the "basket" of a basketball hoop. It was my favorite gift because I honestly thought Santa brought it. My dad had taken Bryan and I to Disneyland on Christmas Eve and when we came home, there the gift was all put together in our living room. My father was with us the whole time at Disneyland so only Santa could have come to our house early to bring our present! Wow!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I want one.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom. She doesn't want anything, and the things she wants are always really weird (hoe, front wheelbarrel wheel). Thankfully she requested some long sleeve shirts this year. That, I can do. [Hi Mom! I know you read this blog and I'm probably going to get heck for writing this one! I know you just want what you want and you don't want a bunch of stuff that you don't need.]

9. Easiest person to buy for? My grandma Lois, actually. She is easy because she and I like similar things, so if I see something that I like, then she'll probably like it too. And I don't feel pressure buying for her. Even if she doesn't like what I buy, she hids it so well that I don't know. She is just fun to buy for.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Must be mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? T-shirt with the Coca Cola label on the front. Except it didn't say Coca Cola, it said Come Caca. Which is particularly funny since I got it from my wonderful BIL who ALWAYS picks out the best gifts for me! Hey, you can't win 'em all!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Bishop's Wife

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I do a little shopping all year long. But I buy the bulk of my stuff during the Christmas season.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. Particularly if there is going to be an annonymous gift exchange party.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweets in general.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I like both, but lately I like clear twinkly ones better.

17. Favorite Christmas song? There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays sung by Karen Carpenter
Another one I like is "Oh Lonely Night When Christ Was Born" or maybe it's something else.
My favorite Christmas song to belt out in the house is We Three Kings.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. All the family is local!

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Red bow

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve for my mom's side of the family. Christmas morning for immediate family and then over to Dad's side for Christmas breakfast and more presents. Then over to Jason's side for Christmas dinner and more presents.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? That they start marketing stuff too soon. It seems like Costco is pulling out the Christmas stuff earlier and earlier every year.

23. Favorite ornament? A little pink beaded ballerina one that my mom has in a box somewhere in her garage.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's dinner of course!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Well, I already got my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

26. "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year," or "Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great - not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual preference, or gender-identification of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."

Whew! I prefer "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"