Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Well 2008 is on its way, and with it comes a natural desire to reflect on one's life and goals. Now usually I don't make resolutions for the new year. There generally isn't anything on my mind that I feel really compelled to change, so I don't bother "coming up" with something to change. But this year is different. This year I have two goals, and hopefully I can stick to them.

#1. Stop cursing.
I have a tendency to curse when I'm frustrated. Since I am often sleep-deprived anyways, it means I get frustrated more easily. But with all of my cursing, I notice that Jason has started cursing more too, and he never had before. Hearing it from his mouth makes me realize how ugly my mouth can sound. So that's why I am going to stop saying bad words! I reserve the right, however, to say a bad word if I bang my knee really hard against something or nearly miss an accident from some car that has swerved in front of me.

#2 Keep my house clean
I want to have a clean house. Period. I don't want to live in a messy house anymore. Not that our home was really so bad, but enough's enough of the always struggling to keep it clean. Now that we have a nice big space and there are spots to put everything, I want to keep it looking good.

So those are my resolutions!

No comments: