Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Literary Meme

Note: I don't really know what a meme is. I just keep seeing the word so now I'm using it. Anyways, friend Lauren has a blog and I'm using her idea!

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and acknowledge who tagged you.

From The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet:

"Then on holy days, when people come from all over the country to hear the services in the cathedral, we gather farthings galore."

It seems to me we might man the bridge on holy days only, and give you a fire out of the proceeds," said Philip.

Paul looked anxious.
------

Well I can't say those sentences were magical but I will say the book is very good. I'm finshing it tonight (hopefully).

2 comments:

Lauren S. said...

hey, i have a hard cover of World Without End, the sequel, I believe to Pillars. care to borrow it? It'll be a while until Jason gets to it.

Jamie said...

Sure! I think I'm going to tackle The Poisonwood Bible next though. It's been sitting on my nightstand for a long time and I keep hearing it's good.