Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Police Officer

I've decided that when God formed me in the womb, he gave me the heart of a Police Officer. Everywhere I go, since I was a child, I have some need to right the wrongs of this world. My latest example is me yelling at some woman at the wading pool two days ago because she was letting the baby she was watching (about 15 months old) practically drown in a foot and a half of water. She's over under a tree yaking away while this baby keeps losing her balance and going underwater. Kids are pulling her up, other moms are pulling her up, and time and time again this woman is just oblivious. Anyways, I just couldn't take it anymore and picked the baby up and hoisted her out of the pool and gave her to the woman and told her she needed to watch better because the baby keeps falling. Yes some testy words were exchanged, but by then I didn't care because I was all hopped up from watching this baby flail in the water for the last 10 minutes. (I did go home and write a letter to the City of Claremont about their "staff" that monitors the pool as well.)

It seems I'm always finding myself in some situation where I'm writing letters and the like. I guess I just can't ignore stuff. Some might call that bad, others might call it good. I've always been this way, so I figure I might as well just run with it.

2 comments:

Lauren S. said...

rock on with your bad self. ;)

Jamie said...

ha ha! Yeah you know sometimes I can't decide if it is a blessing or a curse! Oh well. I guess someone has to be the thorn.