Thursday, February 25, 2010

I have 3 hours to make it look like I lead a calm and well-organized life


It's 12 o'clock. In three hours I have a couple coming to the house to make up class 5 that they missed.

I just finished making lunch for the kids. My kitchen looks like this. That pie looking thing on the counter is a macaroni/broccoli/cheese/hotdog amalgam that I threw together because we don't have our normal lunch stuff in the house. I had to get creative, but getting creative gets everything dirty and takes time.

Every other downstairs room also needs attention. The bathroom is scummy and there are crumbs all over my floor near the dining room table.

Adam is in a bad mood.


The entire time I was making lunch either he was crying or the baby was if I tried to set her down.


If I put her down she grabs onto my pants and buries her head between my knees.


Frannie took this picture of me. Yep. Thumbs up.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

HAHAAAA! I LOVE that in the midst of it all, you took the time to take pics. LOL. Awesome.

I hope your class went well - I'm sure your house looked GREAT! ;) (And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has to scramble to "look orderly" when people are coming over! Haha.)

The Staker Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one, you could replace the faces of your little ones with mine and I could do this exact post! Anytime it is time to make food it also is a sleepy time for Lilly so she wants to be held and if I put her down she does that exact same thing. It's a good thing they are adorable and we love them, right?

Lauren S. said...

ahahahahahahah!! too funny!

Iris said...

Jamie this is so funny!!!!!! This is my life DAILY and I only have one. You are doing great! Eddie loves to bury his face in my legs when I start to move around too much. I mean he could be playing quietly but as soon as he sees me get up from wherever I am sitting to watch him, he wants me to carry him. I am always afraid someone is going to randomly show up to visit. And it has happened to me. Girlfriends (who have older kids or no kids) will just stop by out of no where! LOL! This post really made me smile :)

Jamie said...

Thanks guys. I know I can't be the only one. My boring normal life can get so overwhelming sometimes. And yes, Iris, I feel this way too almost every single day. Trying to pick up this house and make dinner after a full day of the kids being kids stresses me out!

Yara said...

you & Lauren both made me feel better this week (just when I need it)